I have a simple solution to help you connect multiple monitors with Macbook Air M1 or M2.
MacBook Air M1 has no HDMI ports and comes with just two USB-C ports. These two ports are used for charging, connecting external devices, etc. This leads to an issue of connecting two monitors simultaneously. However, using the method below you can easily connect multiple Monitors with Macbook Air M1 or M2.
Requirements for Multiple Displays to Connect with Apple Macbook Air M1
- Dock Station
- Display Link
To connect more than one monitor to your MacBook Air M1, you’ll first need to purchase a dock station. This dock station will allow you to connect the monitors to the MacBook via an HDMI cable.
Use the software, DisplayLink. This software allows you to connect up to six monitors to your computer, and it features a variety of features that make it easy to use. One downside is that it can be expensive, and it may not be compatible with all monitors.
We have recommended the following 4k USB C docking station to connect monitors with the M1 Macbook Air.
Steps to Connect Multiple Monitors Apple MacBook Air M1
- Install Display Link.
- Plug the dock station into the USB-C Port of the Macbook Air.
- Connect each monitor to each HDMI port on the dock station.
- Launch the “System Preferences” app on your MacBook Air M1.
- Click on “Display.”
- Under “Screen Resolution,” select the resolution for each monitor. For example, select “4K” for the higher-resolution monitor.
- Click the “Apply” button in the upper-right corner of the window to save your settings.
- Repeat steps 4 through 6 to connect additional monitors as needed.
He is the founder, lead writer, and editor for TechWoody.com. Here, you can read his articles on general tech guides, gaming, telecom, blogging and SEO. The SEO and blogging segment is also part of his professional life. He currently runs a web-publishing agency, where he along with his team manages different niche websites. His interest in strategy games and tech along with experience in telecom blogs and online expertise led to the start of this website.